Sustainable Farming Meets Technology
When supply chains break down, it further highlights the fragility of the whole food system. Regenerative agriculture in terms of food security means focusing on supporting both food sustainability and local food economies.
The Intersection Between Sustainable Agriculture & Tech
It’s certainly tempting to jump right to IoT and connected farms. But what the agricultural industry really needs in terms of tech is tools to boost small-scale producers.
In this episode we discuss:
- The decentralized model of regenerative agriculture
- Making produce before selling produce: an early stage crowd farming platform
- Abundant opportunities for entrepreneurs in the agricultural sector
- IoT promises vs. small-scale production realities
Check out these resources we mentioned during the podcast:
- While IoT and connected farms are very sexy, and the techie in all of us wants to play with that technology, the reality of it is that we need to be addressing the needs of the small-scale producers. We do that through some cool tools that we've developed.” — Ryan Meiring
- We want to create a crowd farming platform in which the farmers can just farm. ...We will guarantee all the tech.” — Ryan Meiring
- “The advice is, Don't shy away from on the ground, real business. There's incredible opportunity on the ground getting hands dirty, and the software will follow.” — Ryan Meiring
Thank you for reaching out.
We’ll be in touch in the next 24 hours to arrange a session with you.