We’re looking for an experienced designer who is able to take our creative efforts to a new level as we continue to grow.
This role marks a key step towards solidifying our internal brand & marketing team, taking further control in-house, while still working with key brand strategy and creative agencies where it suited – as such, this role provides the candidate a notable opportunity to lead our creative efforts and be a part of our next, international growth curve and taking the brand a step forward.
The ideal candidate would have:
- 3+ years’ experience in a design/creative realm
- A notable portfolio of work, showcasing their creative ambition
- Natural eye for design, aesthetics and a drive for dynamic ideas that connects with our audiences
- Solid knowledge of design and visual principles.
- Strong communication skills, understanding our audiences & messaging amidst taking & receiving multiple briefs
- Ability to interpret and apply briefs across a variety of platforms and media
- Ability to self-direct and work independently, while maintaining productive team relationships with colleagues both inside and outside the organization.
- Degree/Diploma in graphic design (AAA, Red & Yellow, Vega etc.) or notable industry experience.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the marketing and sales team in developing marketing plans, working ideas, and identifying opportunities
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with other contributing agencies, maintaining strategic and creative thinking to develop actionable creative initiatives
- Produce fresh, innovative work that translates complex ideas into compelling materials and digital experiences for our visually sophisticated audiences
- Develop internal marketing campaigns that translate marketing objectives across our platforms
- Design artwork, publication pages, logos, web pages, and other branding and communication materials.
- Revisions of design briefs to fit budget and concepts / specifications more closely.
- Engage in online content strategy and other social strategies.
- Assist with copywriting – writing clear, compelling copy for various mediums (e.g. ads, blog posts, newsletters)
- Conduct market and design research
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Source images and other content
- Experience in Copywriting or related roles
- Experience in WordPress
- Experience with SEO
Requirements: All relevant links to design portfolio
Location: South Africa
Salary: From R30,000+ negotiable