Intermediate QA Automation Engineer
Our company is currently looking for an Intermediate QA Automation Engineer. We are a team of engineers working on a variety of projects, across industries, with clients from South Africa, UK and Australia, based in Agile teams generally off-site from our clients.
- Responsible for detailed and summarised reporting of all automation processes and builds.
- Ownership of all automation tests, scripts, builds and pipelines.
- Ownership of all automation frameworks and artefacts.
- Identifying and logging defects.
- Participating in an Agile development process as projects require.
- Collaborating with the team to continually improve the product and delivery processes.
- Creating automated tests and contribute towards a sophisticated continuous integration system.
- Writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites using a variety of technologies including, but not limited to Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber, SoapUI, PostMan.
- Accountable for creating, configuring and maintaining a suite of automated regressions/smoke tests and their environment
- Understanding OOP Concept
- Setting up automation frameworks
- Analyse and Investigate Test Automation Tools suitable for the applications under Test
- Extensive experience of working in QA automation.
- Proficiency in coding applications in C#, and other languages.
- A thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically automated QA processes in agile development environments.
- A passion to become the expert in:
- Unit Testing
- Integration testing of APIs
- Performance and scalability testing
- Security Penetration Testing
- Proficiency with bug tracking and test management toolsets to support development processes.
- Proficiency at working with relational databases such as IBM DB2, MS Sql Server & Oracle.
- Knowledge of Visual Studio Team Services
- Experience working with GitHub
- Experience working with Azure DevOps
- Work independently
A degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Natural Sciences or a related discipline.
The successful candidate will be expected to participate in Tech Fridays and continued tech improvement. You will be a self-motivated individual and be able to demonstrate good problem-solving skills. The successful candidate will gain international experience and possible international travelling.
Available: September/October 2019
Location: Parow, Cape Town
Salary: Negotiable on experience