Senior Business Analyst
Location: South Africa with a remote work opportunity
Salary: R43 000 – R63 000 (neg.)
We are Haefele Software. We are a boutique software development firm, established in London 2006, with a growing team of 55 between London, Cape Town (primarily), Johannesburg, and Melbourne.
We are engineering-focused and build high-performance Agile teams, enjoying complex problems, serving a variety of industries and clients, generally abroad.
As a collective, we strive to be surrounded by equally personable, sharp, and growth-minded people, in a space that values relationships, people first, and pragmatic process, to foster the mentor and the mentorable.
Senior Business Analyst
A Senior Business Analyst at Haefele Software is a highly skilled individual taking the wealth of experience they’ve acquired over their career across multiple team shapes, different client personalities, challenges, and industry domains, applying it to solve complex problems in new or existing environments.
Senior Business Analysts take full responsibility and accountability for the work they take on or are assigned. They push themselves and their team members to get the job done in the most intelligent way possible. These individuals are the ones that are in the front lines of project kicks off and are usually the first starters on any new projects to lead the scoping exercise and start building a relationship with the client.
They are excellent collaborators, contributors, and communicators, wasting no time guessing at solutions; they research or gather the right people to achieve the best outcome for the team, solution, and project.
At Haefele Software, our Senior Business Analysts, coach, and share knowledge as a matter of course in their workday. Looked at by more junior team members as masters of their craft, with a seemingly bottomless well of wisdom and guidance. They are highly accountable for the solution’s quality and adoption.
Your first 6 months at Haefele Software
Everyone starts at Haefele Software by learning our processes. Our staff experience team will ensure you have all your hardware, gear, and swag on your start date. You’ll need to work through our onboarding guide to get yourself set up and comfortable on our communications platform (MS Teams and Office 365) and added to the relevant groups and channels for the project team you will be joining. You’ll meet your team, client, and the broader engineering team.
You’ll get to know your Technical Lead and Practice Lead, and you’ll complete our fundamentals training program using our internal learning platform. You’ll receive regular structured feedback from your team, and your Practice Lead will help you set goals and track their progress on the road to professional improvement.
Your mission will be:
- Lead business requirement gathering via various elicitation methods
- Lead user requirement gathering via various elicitation methods
- Lead the overall solution design
- Lead defining non-functional requirement gathering
- Wireframing and visual designing of requirements
- Lead planning sessions with the development team and ensure there is no ambiguity on what is required
- Lead communication with clients around priorities, process education, and sign off
- Ensures there is full transparency for all relevant stakeholders
- Manages the client’s change management process (Training, Release Notes, Demos, and Release Management)
- Well-versed in the Agile approach to software delivery and supporting methodologies like Scrum or Kanban.
- Takes full ownership of the backlog (Epic, Features, and Stories)
- Provide clear prioritization on features/tickets
- Provide clear requirements for any new features
- Owns feature roadmap (scope for next x months)
- Provide sensible timeline expectations for new features as required by the business
- Actively participate in all scrum activities to ensure we are constantly providing value in every sprint to our client.
- Always learning and actively finding ways to share what they’ve learned with their team and the broader company through knowledge sharing sessions or company-wide online workshops.
- Provide active mentorship to other business analysts so they can improve and be better.
- Assist in budget conversations and account management
- Hold themselves and their team to the highest quality standards set out by Haefele Software, the team, and the industry in general.
- Complete external professional certifications as required from time to time.
- Complete internal training from time to time.
- Continuously improve the discipline, usage of new tools and techniques
- Working in a high-pressure team environment.
- Having worked on multiple projects across different domains and industries
- Key contributor in building or extending features on the client-focused project(s).
- Experience in designing multiple solutions.
- Consulting on a solution with the team and client.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience leading and developing top-performing teams.
- Experience overseeing and managing Azure DevOps or Jira getting requirements ready for development
- Ensuring specifications or stories are ready for development
- Maintain and own a healthy backlog (Epic, Features, and Stories)
- Enforcing Agile/Scrum best practice
Mentoring and training more junior business analysts
Essential Personal Skills
- A fervent researcher. Has a good understanding of how to go about solving technical challenges
- Able to clearly articulate ideas and explanations with team members and stakeholders alike.
- Able to self-motivate to complete tasks taken on or assigned.
- Actively shares their knowledge.
- An open-minded collaborator with a growth mindset.
- Clear and professional communicator. Able to clearly articulate ideas and explanations with team members and stakeholders alike.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, an expert at digging into a vague requirement and getting clarity.
- Conscientious problem solver, diligent in solving the tasks you are assigned.
- Enjoys being challenged to go outside of your comfort zone.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Favours teamwork and collaboration over individual delivery.
- Favours outcome over output.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- High EQ and able to read the personalities around them to extract the best results from their team members.
- Identifies opportunities to learn and grow your experience and value within the team.
- Loves a challenge, leans into complex tasks, especially in areas they are unfamiliar with.
- Makes technical decisions for the project based on data.
- Self-motivated and expects the same from others on their team.
- Spots learning opportunities and actively shares their knowledge.
- Thrives when challenged, seemingly unstoppable in their approach to solving a challenging task.
- Uses data as evidence to back up certain decision making
- Uses standard approaches to problem-solving where possible.
- Implementing novel solutions only where no solution to the problem exists in the community or other projects.
Senior Business Analyst
Apply for this role
Do you think you’re a fit? Tell us all about you.
Senior Business Analyst
Thanks for applying