We are Haefele Software. We are a boutique software development firm, established in London 2006, with a growing team of 55 between London, Cape Town (primarily), Johannesburg, and Melbourne.
We are engineering-focused and build high-performance Agile teams, enjoying complex problems, serving a variety of industries and clients, generally abroad.
As a collective, we strive to be surrounded by equally personable, sharp, and growth-minded people, in a space that values relationships, people first, and pragmatic process, to foster the mentor and the mentorable.
Intermediate Business Analyst
An Intermediate Business Analyst at Haefele Software is a skilled individual taking the set of experience they’ve acquired over their career across multiple team shapes, different client personalities, challenges, and industry domains, applying it to solve problems in new or existing environments.
Intermediate Business Analysts take full responsibility and accountability for the work they take on or are assigned. They push themselves and their team members to get the job done in the most intelligent way possible. These individuals are the ones that are on the front lines of the projects and a key player in building and maintaining a relationship with the client.
Usually working in existing architecture, under the guidance and mentorship of more senior team members, they are expected to deliver high value, analysis to the highest quality standard within a reasonable timeline.
They are excellent collaborators, contributors, and communicators, wasting no time guessing at solutions; they research or gather the right people to achieve the best outcome for the team, solution, and project.
At Haefele Software, Intermediate Business Analysts are the heartbeat of any team. They are the pacesetters.
Your first 6 months at Haefele Software
Everyone starts at Haefele Software by learning our processes. Our staff experience team will ensure you have all your hardware, gear, and swag on your start date. You’ll need to work through our onboarding guide to get yourself set up and comfortable on our communications platform (MS Teams and Office 365) and added to the relevant groups and channels for the project team you will be joining. You’ll meet your team, client, and the broader engineering team.
You’ll get to know your Technical Lead and Practice Lead, and you’ll complete our fundamentals training program using our internal learning platform. You’ll receive regular structured feedback from your team, and your Practice Lead will help you set goals and track their progress on the road to professional improvement.
Your mission will be:
- Assists in business requirement gathering via various elicitation methods
- Lead user requirement gathering via various elicitation methods
- Assists the overall solution design (Can be alongside the Tech Lead)
- Assists in defining non-functional requirement gathering
- Wireframing and visual designing of requirements
- Lead planning sessions with the development team and ensure there is no ambiguity on what is required
- Assists in communication with clients around priorities, process education, and sign off
- Assists in the client’s change management process (Training, Release Notes, Demos, Release Management)
- Well-versed in the Agile approach to software delivery and supporting methodologies like Scrum or Kanban.
- Takes full ownership of the backlog (Epic, Features, and Stories)
- Provide clear prioritization on features/tickets
- Provide clear requirements for any new features
- Provide sensible timeline expectations for new features as required by the business
- Actively participate in all scrum activities to ensure we are constantly providing value in every sprint to our client.
- Complete external professional certifications as required from time to time.
- Complete internal training from time to time.
- Working in a high-pressure team environment.
- Key contributor in building or extending features on client-focused project(s).
- Experience in designing a solution or part of a solution.
- Consulting on a solution with the team and client.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience leading and developing top-performing teams.
- Experience overseeing and managing Azure DevOps or Jira getting requirements ready for development
- Ensuring specifications or stories are ready for development
- Maintain and own a healthy backlog (Epic, Features, and Stories)
- Enforcing Agile/Scrum best practice
Essential Personal Skills
- High EQ and able to read the personalities around them to extract the best results from their team members.
- An open-minded collaborator with a growth mindset.
- Able to self-motivate, never sits idle.
- Makes technical decisions for the project based on data.
- Identifies opportunities to learn and grow your experience and value within the team.
- Favours teamwork and collaboration over individual delivery.
- Favours outcome over output.
- Loves a challenge, leans into complex tasks, especially in areas they are unfamiliar with.
- Uses standard approaches to problem-solving where possible. Implementing novel solutions only where no solution to the problem exists in the community or other projects.
- Clear and professional communicator. Able to clearly articulate ideas and explanations with team members and stakeholders alike.
- Conscientious problem solver, diligent in solving the tasks you are assigned.
- A fervent researcher. Has a good understanding of how to go about solving technical challenges
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, an expert at digging into a vague requirement and getting clarity.
- Enjoys being challenged to go outside of your comfort zone.
- Reader and researcher, on top of the ever-changing analysis landscape.
- Actively shares their knowledge.
- Uses data as evidence to back up certain decision making
Intermediate Business Analyst
Thanks for applying