The Challenges and Pitfalls of Agile Delivery with Jonathan Balmer
The Challenges and Pitfalls of Agile Delivery w/ Jonathan Balmer
Building software is not at all like building a building. Something that’s brick today might become tile or green paint tomorrow. More importantly, it’s impossible to know how much it will cost and when it will be done at the beginning of the project. That’s why explaining to the customer what an agile approach is and how it serves the project better is crucial.
A Roundtable Chat About Agile Development
In this roundtable episode, we chat with Jonathan Balmer, Delivery Director at Haefele Software, about the challenges and pitfalls of agile development.
Join us as we discuss:
- How we define agile and what it is (and isn’t) good for
- The problem with business estimation in agile
- Communicating the agile methodology to lessen client resistance
- How to maintain transparency through the agile process
Defining and implementing Agile development
The pitfall of business estimation in Agile
- "There is definitely a trend towards the market understanding agile, but it's still a long way to go."
- “You can't estimate a project at the beginning of a project. You can only do it a couple of weeks, a couple of months down the line as you get closer to the end.”
- “The first checklist in terms of value should be, Is the end user actually using this piece of software and is it making their lives easier or more enjoyable? If it doesn't, anything else doesn't matter.”
Leave a comment
Let us know what you think. We promice your email address will not be published.
Thank you for reaching out.
We’ll be in touch in the next 24 hours to arrange a session with you.