The Advantages and Challenges of a Startup with Sophie Troy
The Advantages and Challenges of a Startup
Working at a startup comes with its fair share of unique challenges — ranging from the hiring process to mentorship. Choosing to work for a startup can be a rewarding work path, but only for those with the right predisposition.
Startup Solutions: Building From the Ground Up
In this episode, we interview Sophie Troy, Vice President of Engineering at Vamp, about how she’s helped build Vamp into what it is today and advice for those thinking of following in her footsteps.
What we discuss:
- A deep dive into Vamp
- Building the hiring process & mentorship
- Downsides & challenges of a startup
A deep dive into Vamp
Building the hiring process & mentorship
A Key takeaway
- "You don't want to bring too much process and all that into a startup, but you could bring just enough to make the team effective.” — Sophie Troy
- “The key thing is to keep the interview process as short as possible.” — Sophie Troy
- “We've managed to achieve a lot with quite a small group of people and create quite a feature-rich product as well.” — Sophie Troy
Leave a comment
Let us know what you think. We promice your email address will not be published.
Thank you for reaching out.
We’ll be in touch in the next 24 hours to arrange a session with you.