Women in Tech: A Roundtable Discussion on Strategies for Diversity in a Company
Women in Tech: A Roundtable Discussion on Strategies for Diversity w/ Roisin Parkes
When you think of the tech industry, who first comes to mind? Elon Musk? Mark Zuckerberg?
Or is it one of the incredible women leading causes such as Project F?
Balancing the Ratio of Women to Men in the Tech Industry
Historically, women have been less likely to go into the tech industry than men; this has led to an imbalance ratio in the workplace, leaving the few women in the industry isolated. Project F aims to change that by bringing strategies and audits to companies—bringing to light some roadblocks that prevent a business from integrating more women.
Strategies for Promoting Women in Tech
4 Types of Diverse Teams
Exploitative VS. Exploratory Work
- "We need to be very deliberate about encouraging more young people into the industry.” — Roisin Parkes
- "I definitely think that we can do better and we should do better.” — René Johannes
- "Do not let other people choose your destiny for you.”— René Johannes
- "If an opportunity comes your way, even if you don't think you're ready for it, just go for it.” — Roisin Parkes
- "A sponsor is the single most powerful thing that a woman can have.” — Roisin Parkes
Leave a comment
Let us know what you think. We promise your email address will not be published.
Thank you for reaching out.
We’ll be in touch in the next 24 hours to arrange a session with you.